The popularity and budget for content marketing are apparently increasing. In fact, in the recent 4 to 5 years, there has been an immense boost in the usage of content in this online world. Moreover, a well-built content marketing strategy provides marketers with numerous benefits and opportunities. Such as higher domain authority, increased search engine rankings, increased referral & social traffic and increased conversion rate count as a few benefits you get while using content marketing for your business.
In this article, you will read about 6 simple techniques you need to follow for creating a successful content marketing strategy.
1) Do an In-depth Research:
2) Make Use of The Headline:
3) Use Different Content Formats:
4) Incorporate Visual Content:
- Slides: Use SlideShare for sharing your content. Break down your content into slides and share it across 60 million unique visitors on SlideShare.
- Infographics: They are one of the unique forms of the content. They get 3X times more shares and like in comparison to other types of content.
- Videos: Make videos that are informative and engaging. Because video content has been considered as the most engaging and interactive type till date.
5) Keep Track of The Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
- Measure traffic: Number of unique visitors, backlinks, page views, and source of traffic.
- Assess engagement: Bounce rate, new visitors and returning visitors, shares as per the content type, time spent on website and number of comments.
- Measure conversions: Opt-in rates, click-through rates (CTR), the number of leads, and return-on-investment.
6) Content Promotion:
- Influencer marketing: If an influencer shares your content it can lead to 3–10 times increased conversions. Do not forget to mention influencers in your content. Further, after publishing the work, you can email them your post.
- Social media snippets: A single content piece contains a dozen of snippets including quotes, statistics, titles, and images. They can be shared numerous times across many popular social media platforms.
- Submit to content communities: Submit your content communities that boast off a huge number of readers and communities where other writers share their content.