Conversion Rate Optimization Process
Gaining Insights of Website Visitors:
- Exit Surveys – Hit your visitors with a questionnaire pop up when they’re about to leave your site.
- On-Page Surveys – Asking visitors to fill out a survey of a specific page that they are currently on.
- Jot down your own questions.
- Configure which pages need the survey.
- Ascertain the criteria for showing the survey.
Survey Existing User:
- Send email surveys to recent, first-time buyers. Don’t send email surveys to people who haven’t visited from too long ago. They may give you the irrelevant data as they might have forgotten about you or the purchased product.
- Try getting 100-150 responses. More than that will make the answers repetitive. And less than 100, might not provide you with substantial conclusions.
- Never ask questions in Yes/No, as well as, avoid multiple choice, etc.
Mouse Tracking and Session Recording:
- Mouse Movement Heat Maps – It’s basically a graphical representation of data. In here, individual values, contained in a matrix, are shown as colours. Red defines lots of actions.
- Click Maps – Just as it is called, click Maps monitor clicks. It mainly comes in use to identify if users click on non-links.
- Scroll Maps – Shows the scroll depth. Shows how far down people scroll. Can be very useful for lengthy and what’s not.